The summer months are the perfect time of year to head out in your vehicle and go on an adventure with family, either to the nearest lake or park to explore the outdoors. However, with the soaring temperatures and the increase in the use of your vehicle, the summer can take a toll on your car. This is why it is important to practice proper summer vehicle maintenance and do what you can to prevent your vehicle from feeling the effects of summer too severely.
Here are our tips on how to prepare your vehicle for the summer and ensure that it is protected under the hot summer sun:
● Make sure that your vehicle’s air conditioning system is working properly. You never want to find yourself without working A/C on a hot summer day! If you notice that your A/C doesn’t blow as cold as it used to, or that it has stopped working altogether, bring your vehicle into Best Auto Repair Experience in Cartersville, GA for an auto A/C inspection.
● Try to park your vehicle out of direct sunlight and in the shade when possible. Direct sun and high temperatures can cause premature paint wear and dimming, and can also cause damage to the interior of your vehicle.
● Have your vehicle’s battery tested, especially before a long drive. The summer heat can actually cause the battery to overheat quicker, which can drain the life out of an older battery. Batteries only last between 3-5 years on average, so a battery test will tell you whether or not you should replace it to avoid a dead battery situation.
● Bring your vehicle into Best Auto Repair Experience for a cooling system inspection. Due to the high amount of heat your engine emits and the warm weather combined, having ample coolant and a properly working cooling system is vital. If your cooling system isn’t working as it should, you may find yourself with an overheating engine and costly engine repairs.
● Inflate your tires properly and check their overall condition. Driving with under inflated tires during the summer can put you at risk for blowouts on the road, which can lead to accidents. Follow the tire pressure recommendations provided in your vehicle’s owner’s manual.
● Make sure that all of your vehicle’s important fluids are filled and clean, such as brake fluid, transmission fluid, and power steering fluid. This will ensure proper operation during the summer heat.
● Be prepared for summer breakdowns by keeping a tire changing kit and spare in your vehicle along with an emergency kit. Items to have on hand include a first aid kit, spare tire, jack, wrench, flares, flashlight, batteries, phone charger, and emergency numbers.
● Don’t forget to have your vehicle’s engine oil changed if you’re soon to be due! Skipping oil changes can lead to engine damage, which can progress quickly and without warnings.
These are just some of our top tips for keeping your vehicle safe and reliable during the summertime. Whether you’re planning a road trip or you just want to have peace of mind that your car will get you and your family where you need to go, we invite you into Best Auto Repair Experience in Cartersville, GA, for a complete vehicle inspection. Our professionals will ensure that your vehicle is in good working condition to power through the summer heat!